Re: [LUG] Introduction

On Monday 05 January 2004 13:56, David Johnson wrote:
On Monday 05 Jan 2004 12:42 pm, Anton Channing wrote:
Actually that sounds handy.  Is it possible to set up such a link
with ftp username and password built in (to put on an page that
never goes live obviously)?   The only protocols I've used from
html links are http, https and mailto.

You can have a link like the following: -

ftp://username:password@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:-)

Ah thanks.  This works great for changing the
name, and downloading files, but I can't seem
to upload?

Ah, I see, you have to drag and drop...

Copy and Paste doesn't work...

Thanks for the tip.  Its actually nice and
easy and doesn't require re-logging in
after timeouts...

Anton