Re: RE:[LUG] NVIDIA driver installation after kernel update

Hello All

2 Points that may be relevant to this thread.

NVIDIA driver. I have recently installed an low end NVIDIA Card (MX450).
I found the Linux driver on the Nvidia site, Had a read of the
instructions and readme etc.. and Installed as per their instructions.
This gave no problems at all and all worked fine. Using Red Hat 9.0 on
IBM X225 Xeon. IBM sates the Mboard does not support Video Cards in the
AGP Slot ??? ( I couldnt work out why they said that.) But all worked
perfectly.

Hauppage WIN TV Cards BUYER BEWARE .

I just bought a WinTV GO Card from PC World (3 Weeks ago). Hauppage have
just changed the BT848 chipset on their WinTV Cards. they now use the
Connexant CX2388 Chipset. By all accounts this produces better
performace. Not under Linux it doesn't. As far as I can find there are
no Kernel Driver Modules for this Chipset. One of the SuSe developers
has put an Alpha release hack on his site. I could not compile this
patch as it requires compilation of a patched Kernel to work.

I went back to PC world and took a good look at all the Haupagge stuff
to see if I could find an older card with BT chipset. I couldn't. But
here's a Tip Hauppage are still using there old boxes, but where they
are using the new CX chipset they have put a white label over the
original model number with a new model number on it. One presumes if you
find a card without this label stuck over the model number then there is
a good chance that this will be an older card using the BT848 chipset.

If anyone figures how to get the CX2388 chipset working please let me
know so I can get my Card up and running

Thanks

Rick