Re: [LUG] Where to advertise a job?

Gwilym Stephenson wrote:

The job is mainly Windows related so it was not my intention to advertise
here just to get some opinions about salary and conditions for home based
IT employment ... probably not a good idea on a Unix list :-)

Oh I don't know ..... I should plug newsgroup uk.business.telework - but
they don't take ads, but can help on the other stuff.

Additional to Rob's comments. Teleworker the magazine may get you people
use to home working, but you won't necessarily find the right skills.
Still worth a punt I think, I doubt their classified are expensive.

If I were employing I'd rather someone with a track record of self
motivation, reliability and ability and interest, rather than deep
technical knowledge of the area in question.

The TCA handbook is also good on telework. www.tca.org.uk

Me? I've been playing with Outlook today - and couldn't get away early
enough - poorly designed - poorly implemented - or as the Windows
developer beside me said 'It is one of Microsoft's worst products yet
everyone uses it?!'.

Well not quite everyone ;)