Re: [LUG] OT: spam

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 02:20, Paul Weaver wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2003 23:27, you wrote:
> > Is that the one that claims to be from M$ Program security Dept? If so
> > I've got it too. I just hope that my family doesn't recieve a spam like
> > that on my Win98 home PC, they would run it... I don't think I can teach
> > them to distinguish good attachments from bad, gonna have to try though
> > cause else it's gonna be me sorting out their problems.
>
> Yeah, I had similar one to that - a .bat file which was an executable
> (started with MZ). Had about 5 today with large attachments that spam
> assassin didnt catch (or did catch but only on one or two stars). Very
> annoying if I was on a modem.

You lucky lucky bastard ;)

so far today I have had somewhere in the region of 60 of these f****rs
of varying types, all of the security patch, update or
mail undelivered variety. This is not good, but thankfully I am on
broadband.

--
James
jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy." - George W. Bush