Re: [LUG] OT: spam

Neil Williams wrote:
Just to alert people to an underhand spam I've just received.

Hello
there, I would like to inform you about important information regarding
your email address. This email address will be expiring. Please read
attachment for details. --- Best regards, Administrator

The attachment was stripped off by my mail server, but those here still using Windows for email might not be so lucky. It's going to be a Windows problem, of course, but with the added threat of cutting off your email account it is likely that people will open the darned thing.

Just one word: DON'T!

(This should be a warning for you to switch to a Linux client too!)

Is that the one that claims to be from M$ Program security Dept? If so I've got it too. I just hope that my family doesn't recieve a spam like that on my Win98 home PC, they would run it... I don't think I can teach them to distinguish good attachments from bad, gonna have to try though cause else it's gonna be me sorting out their problems.