[LUG] Comments on Opensource solution providers

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:22:35 +0100, Rick Timmis wrote:
> Well that is what I have been doing. I would like to introduce you to
> http://www.sttechnology.co.uk
> ST Technology (Super Tramp Technology or Straight Talking Technology) is

Thats great news. I like the name. Power to the people. :)

The website needs some work. I see you've probably done it under
Windows. The menu does not work very well, consider a list styled with
CSS. Try comply and validate to XHTML 1.1.

The text should be better laid out. No one read blocks like there are
in:
http://www.sttechnology.co.uk/services.htm

Use bulleted lists again to put ideas into digestible bite sizes.

Maybe just run movable type or plone or something?

And for something a little different:

I was thinking it would be a good idea to draw up a some sort of code of
conduct for Linux solution providers.

The main problem with software solution providers is that they try lock
the customer into their solution. With opensource based solutions this
can be different, but it needs a little work still on documentation
standards.

Anyway a code of conduct of some sort laying down some guidelines for
such practises would be something at least I would like to see. Anyone
heard or seen of one already?

This 'code of conduct' (better name required) basically would allow
competition. Those who see this as a bad thing are in trouble. This is
what capitalism is about, and it should be promoted, and I am sure
customers will also see this as an attractive quality.

Best of luck,
-Kai