M4 - oops - extra unplanned visit to Lampeter ;-)

A local LUG for local people would be great, but beyond my scope
at the mo'.

will probably make that pretty easy, once there is a "place to
belong" people will start appearing.

Still, thanks for the welcome and thanks for the words about Suse- maybe I should
stick with Debian, after all.

Well before you stick too much data on it and make life complex
why not try Mandrake. I only have a few stray Mandrake 7.2 CD's
lurking, which are rather stale, despite my best efforts to give
them to the Welsh Development Agency members last year (long
story), but I'm sure you can beg or borrow a more recent
Mandrake CD to try. Oh I just found an 8.1 CD, but that must be
getting quite old. Hell I'm going to install that one today just
to lose one copy of SuSE, yours if you want it tomorrow.