Re: [LUG] The great debate - window managers

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, RuS wrote:

> KDE2 is fairly impressive - although it looks and feels far too much
> like a windoze clone for my liking.

I don't see whats wrong with a windows style fell.  MS must have thrown a
massive amount of money at their interface and its not all that bad
imho.  Whats wrong with windows is not the interface, its
stability/reliabilty issues and Microsoft's dubious buisness practices.

And KDE getting good means that Liunx is taking a turn towards the much
coveted buisness market.  Similarly KDM is (imho) superior to XDM.

My main issue with kde atm is the fairly small number of themes available
onm kde.themes.org.

Gnome was only ever developed in the first place because KDE was initally
based on a non GPL library (QT). As a result the GNU guys (RMS in
particular) (this is a bit paraphrased :) ) had a headfit, developed
Gnome and a QT replacement for KDE called Harmony I belive.  Although Im
fairly sure my version of KDE uses QT and not Harmony.

-=-=-Alex Charrett-=-=-
TermiSoc System Administrator
		SMS: chas at termisoc.org subject:SMS
Mail:   chas at termisoc.org		Web: http://chas.web.termisoc.org