Re: [LUG] The great debate - window managers

On 10-Mar-00 at 10:09:02 RuS wrote:
> KDE2 is fairly impressive - although it looks and feels far too much
> like a windoze clone for my liking.

Have to agree with that. I use KDE  (version 1) because we run CDE on the
Sun systems and I quite like that. In that respect I'll probably try KDE2
and so long as I can configure it to look like the KDE 1 I have at present
then I'll keep it. Haven't really used much else.

We had an admin box running gnome/enlightenment up here but they hated it.
Must admit it definitely had a bug somewhere since you couldn't log out of
it! :-) Had to keep just turning the system off. I've now changed it to
KDE/kwm.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk
Finger for PGP key: john at jhorne.csd.plymouth.ac.uk