Re: [LUG] '4 areas where LINUX still FAILS compared to other operating systems'

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 08:34:33AM +0000, Tom via list wrote:
> Another thing you can easily do with non-gui editors is extend their
> capability. When I'd spent 8 years coding C on the Vax terminal
> simply saving a .C or .H file set of a chain of actions that ran
> every check I could automate to ensure my code was free of any
> programming errors you could code checks for.

Absolutely! The tools might have changed, but automated testing and
editor integration is still invaluable. I use Emacs; I've written
little functions that run static code analysis and linting for
compiled languages like Go, and for more interactive languages I have
shortcuts to interact more quickly with the REPL.

For run-time testing, I find that Woodpecker CI (which was forked from
a commercial tool called Drone) to be very useful as a way to
coordinate running all the checks.

Best wishes,

Sebastian