Re: [LUG] Firefox v40 and Chrome

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 22:57:08 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 22:36:05 +0100
> Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Neil,
>
> >been interesting, especially as I seem to be the only one with the
>
> I know the feeling; "Sorry mate, it's just you".   :-(
>
> >error. Yet I have never messed around with FF, and I have used it for
> >years without any trouble. I did need to make a few changes when they
> >altered the look of it a while back. For instance I still keep  the
> >tab
>
> Ah, yes; Australis.  I hated it.  I installed Classic Theme
> Restorer (CTR) and a few other plug-ins to make Ff look and feel as it
> had before.  After a while, I noticed some horrendous sluggishness on
> several websites.  Removing CTR cured that.  Slowly, I've removed most
> of the others, too.  I /still/ don't like Australis, but have learned
> to put up with it.
>
> >bar as the lowest one.

That is right, I use the Classic Theme Restorer, but I have not noticed
any slowing down at all. So you have 'learned to put up with it'. That
should not be necessary IMHO. One of the main benefits to Linux for me
is that I have so much control over the look and feel. I should not
have to learn to live with something  I don't like.

Just how feel,

Neil

,

Neil