Re: [LUG] System Shut Down

Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:

> When I log out, I am presented with the Log In screen, I must select, log Out,
> then enter roots password.
>
> I want anyone to be able to close down the machine without using my password.

Sorry to be so vague with this as I'm not totally sure how it works, it
just "set itself up", but when I press the power button on either of my
debian ATX machines running Etch, they perform a safe "shutdown -h now"
and then turn themselves off completely when halted.

Might be worth checking if that's already working on yours?