[LUG] System Shut Down

Hi

Back to basics here.  I want to configure my Debian system so others can use
it.  Fine, I have done so.  However I have to give them roots password if I
want them to be able to turn off the computer.  (This is partly for my wife
she uses my Wndows Lappy rather than this machine.)

When I log out, I am presented with the Log In screen, I must select, log Out,
then enter roots password.

I want anyone to be able to close down the machine without using my password.

Thanks in advance.

Peter