Re: [LUG] NHS v Linux

Tom Potts wrote:

> Whatever the reason it makes me want to cry....

We kind of did this to death when Choose and Book was launched.

We even persuaded Matt to pronounce on the topic, as he is the webmaster
responsible for some of the fully standard compliant, and accessible
webpages you see before you hit most of these NHS apps.

I seem to remember healthspace was especially bad, the responses weren't
even HTTP compliant (i.e. not even conforming to the transmission
protocol). One of the advantages of human readable formats and protocols
is it is very easy to tell when people grossly violate the standards.

He even promised to go and do some head bashing, given just how gross
some of the stuff was. What scares me more, is not how bad it is, but at
what controls must have been in place for tax payers money to be
squandered in such a fashion.

Go read the archive, it will make your skin crawl I guarantee.