Re: [LUG] interesting points -

Tom Potts wrote:
> As a slightly more measured response:
> Have you ever heard of an MBA who has studied Agile Development?
> I've tried to use it, or simialr methods, where possible as it seems to me a
> more heuristic/holisic approach.
> Its probably the logical conclusion of good Quality management - something
> espoused but rarely implemented.
> I was wondering if any of you have come across it at in a non software area as
> it smells sweet to me. But it seems to panik 'managers' as it encapsulates
> power and responsibility in the same place.
> Tom te tom te tom

When I studied my MSc I shared a couple of lectures with the MBA / MBM
students.  They only covered one IT related area,  and that was the
beginning of the PC boom (Rise of MS, IBM losing its monopoly on
hardware).

To be honest I think that Agile Development is outside of the course
remit - there are is a lot of information to cover.  And although I only
had the slimmest of contact with them I had the feeling it was aimed a
little higher than day to day management.

I guess they could have added it as an optional module, but really are
there enough people around who can teach it?

Wills