[LUG]Re: How to stop ubuntu trying to install chromium

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 08:55:49 +0000
Tom via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tom,

>I have firefox-esr (snap) installed already!

AIUI, Snap installs entire ecosystems, which fall outside what the usual
(X)Ubuntu installation systems (apt*|synaptic) know about.  If I'm right
about that, of course some dependency gets pulled in when you install
the LO packages.

Maybe you want a more up to date Ff than your distro offers (IDK) but
snap probably isn't the best way to go about it.  At least in this
instance.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"