[LUG]Re: How to stop ubuntu trying to install chromium

(X)ubuntu runs an Software management system in the background to install security updates and and I got a warning message that it had failed to install something (due to network glitching here) and it listed chromium and a load of libre-office stuff. I specifically uninstalled the chromium snap on installation. I had to tidy things up and did a snap remove chromium and ran apt update; apt upgrade and it installed chromium again! I did a snap remove again and then looked in synaptic and chromium was marked installed so I uninstalled it there and ran an update and there's a few security updates (courtesy the new ubuntu pro) and some held back stuff but no chromium in sight. One of the security updates courtesy Ubuntu Pro is ImageMagick which I had had installed but seems to have been partly removed!
Tom te tom te tom