Re: [LUG] Whinge

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022, 09:00 Henry Bremridge, <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had installed debian in a virtual box on windows on my laptop. No problem

Just installed Windows on virtual box on Debian as a prelude to
removing Windows from my laptop. (I need Windows for access to
certain websites and I want linux on the laptop while travelling)

OMG, slow and painful.
--
Henry

Yep. I have Debian installed on my old 2008 Mac Pro workhorse (2 x quad core Xeon E5462 at 2.8GHz, 56GB of DDR2, 1TB SSD). It's not the fastest machine out there, but it is no slouch. Windows in a VirtualBox VM, however, is an absolute dog to run, even when maxing out the virtual specs as far as I can reasonably take them.
*sigh*

Grant :|