Re: [LUG] Whinge

On Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 11:21:23AM +0100, Eion MacDonald wrote:

> I have not been able however even after many tries to install Windows
> on any of my Linux boxes. I realise it would be unregistered unless I used
> an old Version where I have a product key.
> Not so worried about this, but it demonstrates there is a lot
> I do not yet know.

On debian stable I found https://wiki.debian.org/VirtualBox very helpful. I also
installed https://fasttrack.debian.net/.

I bought (Jan 18) this machine refurbished with a
license plate on the side. Added the license key and microsoft
installed, but SLOW to install and SLOW to run.

i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GH with 16Gb RAM

Once installed then ran guest additions from within windows. This
allows me to share a directory. (ie I can run Edge, download the
data and move it to Debian)

Longer term: I need to upgrade this computer but still deciding
whether to go lap top or desktop. Probably desktop and use my OLD
laptop in terminal mode. Lets see

--
Henry Bremridge, CFA, FPFS, LLAA, CIPM
Independent Financial Adviser

Medical & General Independent Financial Advisers Ltd is authorised and regulated by
the Financial Conduct Authority, and is entered in the Financial Conduct Authority
register under reference number 660573.

Company Number: 08970384

E-MAIL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended for the
use of the addressee(s) and the sender. Any form of unauthorised reproduction,
retransmission, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution
and/or publication of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you
receive this message in error, please delete it immediately, destroy all copies of
it, and notify the sender. We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are
virus free. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any virus transmitted by us
and recommend that you subject any incoming e-mail to your own virus checking
procedures