Re: [LUG] Whinge

On 03/10/2022 08:58, Henry Bremridge wrote:
I had installed debian in a virtual box on windows on my laptop. No problem

Just installed Windows on virtual box on Debian as a prelude to
removing Windows from my laptop. (I need Windows for access to
certain websites and I want linux on the laptop while travelling)

OMG, slow and painful.

Does Linux run off an SSD and Winblows off an HD? That will be /part/ of the slowness, although Winblows /is/ bloated and slow anyway. Which version?

How much memory was assigned to Winblows in the VM? It needs more than Linux and /will/ run slow if it doesn't have enough memory.

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley