Re: [LUG] Screen Problem

On 04/12/2021 12:52, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 04/12/2021 12:45, Lists wrote:

On 04/12/2021 12:24, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 04/12/2021 12:23, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 04/12/2021 12:19, Julian Hall wrote:
On 04/12/2021 11:53, Neil wrote:
On 03/12/2021 18:27, Neil wrote:
On 03/12/2021 18:03, comrade meowski wrote:
On 03/12/2021 16:10, Julian Hall wrote:

Here is some more  information.

Ok so kernel and driver ought to be fine... (Famous last words..)

I wonder what level of support there is in your version of Xorg for that variant of Intel driver .. perhaps that's causing some problems. Some indication should be present in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log or sometimes it puts it in your home directory (can someone who knows hint me..)

veremitz/Michael.

As already mentioned, I have had this computer for years and never had any trouble like this. Since I also have two laptops which work just fine I may well just forget about this old computer and stick with the laptops. I do not have much patience. Perhaps I could try an install of a different distro. Or reinstall this one. I will think about it.

Neil