Re: [LUG] ThinkPad Laptops

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021 at 22:31, Roland Tarver via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Couple of questions for you: is the Windows install it came with a Home
or Pro license? The Home license isn't worth keeping, the Pro one is.

Despite the Pro sticker on the underside; according to the details I found buried in the setting somewhere it is Windows 10 home.
A neat little gotcha I found in my last job is that machines can have a Home AND a Pro licence (after I reimaged a Pro laptop and ended up with what looked like a Home licence to my utter horror!). There is a way to get Pro on there, which if I recall involves entering a default licence key - it has to have had a Pro digital licence on there at some point though. Such a faff and one of many reasons why my main home machine runs Mint...