[LUG] OT: Zigbee was Re: OT: Power-line extenders - highest throughput? Also WiFi cards that support monitor mode

On Saturday, 10 July 2021 17:19:27 BST Michael Everitt wrote:

> Anecdotally, done anything with Zigbee? I kinda wanted to "hack" into my IHD
> (smart meter) info stream, so I could monitor/graph data on a sub-hour
> basis (which the energy company do by default for billing) ?
> I've got a dongle which will do the 'sniffing' but I'm not sure whether it's
> deaf (can't see the signal) can't decode the signal .. or else. Probably a
> combination of lack of knowledge and PEBKAC .. oh wait ..

No, afraid not. I probably should know more, but never came up professionally.

I have a smart meter and a Chameleon Technology IHD3-PPMID type 1 meter, which
you are welcome to come and try and read the meter, but I guess they are all
over the place.