Re: [LUG] OT Windows 11

On 29/06/2021 09:34, David Bell wrote:
>  I have dual booted for about 22
> years, always using separate hard disks, other than on an XP
> vintage laptop many years ago, and have never had any problems.
>
> David

Likewise.
I use Windows for teaching purposes with my elderly students. They tend
to have Windows machines of various versions from Vista upwards.
When your life expectancy is less than a couple of years, you do not
spend on capital goods.

I have always dual booted from separate hard drives. (Since SuSE 8, 2002)
Internal hard drive 0.25 TB is solely given to Windows.

EXTERNAL USB hard drive 1TB (or drives there are a few) have GRUB2
installed on them and a Linux system. Main driver openSUSE LEAP 15.3,
Emergency use for others and self USB key with Live Knoppix. [Versions 3
(one floppy , 32 bit to 9.1] I have often used Knoppix to recover fail
to boot Windows drives for others.

Do dual boot but not on the same hard drive. It makes life much easier.
 This gives no problems

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald