Re: [LUG] OT Windows 11

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021, 08:40 Neil, <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28/06/2021 18:00, David Bell wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> There are those amongst us who probably use fairly elderly machines to
> dual boot Linux/Windows.
>
> I would be interested to hear user's views on the recently published
> hardware requirements to run Windows11.
>
> For me, EOS for Windows 10 in 2125 means end of MS Windows full stop.
>
> Regards
>
> David Bell

I have read the posts on this so far with amusement. I have not gone
near MS Windows for 22 years. And never touched a Mac, literally.

And as for the mention of dual booting Windows and Linux...I have always
been advised against ever doing that. Two different Linux distros, yes.
Windows and Linux, never.

Or am I mis-remembering?

I must admit that I do not read every discussion that happens here, but I doubt any one of us would advise - or works have advised - against dual booting. Certainly my advice has always been to install Windows first and Linux afterwards so the bootloader doesn't get mangled, and if you really wanted to get to know Linux, then to remove Windows from the bootloader (just comment out the relevant parts) so it is harder to get back to Windows - that way you're less likely to just abandon Linux when something unfamiliar comes up.