Re: [LUG] OT Windows 11

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:39:00 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have read the posts on this so far with amusement. I have not gone
> near MS Windows for 22 years. And never touched a Mac, literally.

I do not "use" MS Windows other than to help out others with problems.
This will cease as soon as Windows 11 is released and am plagued with
upgrade messages. I read today that the MS Health Check programme has
been withdrawn after one day, having caused alarm and despondency world
wide amongst MS users.

> And as for the mention of dual booting Windows and Linux...I have
> always been advised against ever doing that. Two different Linux
> distros, yes. Windows and Linux, never.

> Or am I mis-remembering?

No, I recall seeing this more than once, the advice refers to using
separate partitions on the same HDD. I have dual booted for about 22
years, always using separate hard disks, other than on an XP
vintage laptop many years ago, and have never had any problems.

David