Re: [LUG] Laptop repair and ssd data recovery

Thanks for the suggestions all,

Infuriatingly a year of contracting away and staying at Airbnbs pretty much killed my backup practice.

Most stuff is backed up in multiple places, it's just a pain to recollect it all, I think I lost a few days work on personal projects and some photos so it's annoying rather than a disaster.

I'd pull out the ssd myself if I could comfortably get inside the laptop but there's no docs on how to reach the drives and I'd rather not damage anything.

Just finished creating a bootable USB stick with ubuntu 20 so will see if it will run that. I might try and see if I can dismantle it again if it boots and just throw a new ssd in, then see what I can recover from the old one.

To be honest I'm narked that a new ssd didn't even make it 2 years.

Kind regards,

Aaron.