Re: [LUG] System Program Problem Detected

On 26/11/2020 09:11, John PNZ wrote:
/var/crash has the crash report (with an extension ".crash").

The toggle which invites you to report the crash is in
/etc/default/apport and has enable=1 for the first pop-up to happen.

The trigger for the "show details" pop-up is the presence or absence
in /var/crash of files for a given crash with extension ".upload" and
Neither flle exist and I'm not offered the show details bit as I have been before!
".uploaded".

If you have apport-gtk or apport-kde installed they give you a gui
interface to the apport crash explorer. You can explore crash files
with that even if you have no pop-ups to accept.

However looking in Synaptic apport-gtk was installed but greyed out so I updated it and it looks 'healthy' now so perhaps it may allow me to view the details next time

Cheers

Tom te tom te tom