Re: [LUG] A new printer, Part two

On 21/10/20 16:17, Neil wrote:
> I have been very grateful for all suggestions and ideas about replacing
> my printer. I have since had a good trawl through the internet. I had not
> realised just how much things have changed. After all I have not thought
> about getting a new printer for eight years.
>
> Reading up about setting up a new printer, for example, I was surprised
> to find that, apparently, to get your wifi working on the printer, you
> need a smart phone with the relevant app installed. Really? Honest??
>
> Well, what do you do if, like me, you do not have a  smart phone? I am
> starting to realise that I am falling a long way behind some parts of
> modern life.
>
> Not really expecting any answers. Just letting off steam. More to think
> about,
>
> Regards,
>
> Neil

If you want an old-skool printer - I have a couple awaiting new homes, that
I can probably service and you may have for the cost of new
toner/cartridges (probably comparable with the cost of a modest new unit)
but without most of the bells and whistles ..

One is a colour laser, the other a printer/scanner inkjet unit - both are a
bit of a 'brick' though ..

Drop me a line off-list if interested. I can quarantine them if desired! :]

Regards,
Michael.