Re: [LUG] thunderbirds are go

On 11/08/2020 23:47, comrade meowski wrote:
On 11/08/2020 18:12, Tom via list wrote:

Absolutely devastating to have your Thunderbird updated and lose
calendar connections for a week or so!

Tom te tom te tom

If the benefits of the upgrade (my extensions are now no longer needed)
  do not outweigh the pain (losing calendar for x weeks), why would you
upgrade?

I love the latest versions of things, but in this instance I'm happy to
wait...

Just regular upgrades on an LTS with idiots at the OS end.

Not sure if you mean the end users or the distro maintainers here, but either would seem a bit harsh.

Who's an idiot, and why exactly?

Ubuntu maintainers in my case - they apologise for pushing out updates before the extension writers have a chance to catch up and then do it again a few months later. They do seem to put check steps in to the procedure and then kick them out again later. My favourite is the Firefox losing the keyboard when the gui times out, you log back in again and you cant type into firefox. Switch desktop and back again and it works. Get it fixed and it works for several upgrades and then comes back again.