Re: [LUG] Jittery playback

On 04/06/2020 14:50, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 13:45:32 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

don't really need it. As I understand it, correct me if I am wrong, the
main reason for using Nvidia is for gaming on the computer. Is that
right?
Largely, yes.  There are other benefits, mostly cosmetic;  Cleaner
display, i.e less 'fuzzy', for a start.  Some people won't notice the
difference, but I do.

Like you, I'm not a (computer) gamer, but do like some old school (i.e.
pencil 'n' paper) RPGs.  Traveller, Aftermath....

Nor am I a gamer, primarily because I refuse to spend the amount I would fork out on a whole new system or two just for a graphics card. My personal strategy is to see every few years what I can get for £100-£150 including delivery and VAT. That is usually a tidy upgrade and lasts me several years; last time I went from an Nvidia T550 1Gb to an accelerated T1050 with 4Gb. It even improved my golf scores on Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf *LOL*

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley