Re: [LUG] Jittery playback

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 12:45:41 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>that I have never gone near Nvidia. It seems that many users have
>troubles with them, and I have kept well clear.

Equally as many have no issues at all.  Myself included.  One simply
doesn't hear about it in the normal course of events.  As soon as things
go awry, people start complaining.  Quite understandably, of course.

If you read the XOrg mailing list for long enough, you'll eventually
come across issues with most makes of GFX card.  Obviously, some are
better than others, some worse.  I freely admit that nVidia don't endear
themselves to us by insisting on keeping all their code private and
proprietary drivers under a non-free license.

It should go without saying that similar things apply to other types of
hardware.  Commercially produced BluRay films being a whole other
nightmare.   :-(

--
 Regards  _
I'm spending all my money and it's going up my nose