Re: [LUG] Systemd

On 22/05/2020 09:08, Eion MacDonald wrote:
On 22/05/2020 08:33, Neil wrote:

Thanks. I asked because I use MX  Linux which uses sysV. A friend is
waiting for all this covid stuff to finish so that I can get him on to
Linux. I am considering Linux Lite as a suitable distro for him, and
that uses systemd.

I will just go ahead and ignore all the stuff on line about it.

Neil

  I use Linux Lite for old machines (vista era) in the pupils (aged 60+0
I teach/help/tutor. Most have no problem.
Some go with Xubuntu LTS, as i am unable to update each year do distance.
It usually takes a while for them to get used to Firefox, and so they
can do their wee videos on BBC etc, I sometimes put on Google Chromium.

VLC is useful for them.

I hope this helps.

Again, thanks. I will just wait for all this virus stuff to ease off. I have used Xubuntu too in the past. (I like Xfce). Firefox will be there automatically. I never use Chromium, but I do use Palemoon as a browser. So if FF seems too difficult for him I will try that one. And VLC should also be set up on installation.

Regards,

Neil