[LUG] Systemd

I have been looking at reviews and comments about systemd on the internet, and it seems to get some people rather hot under the collar.

For me as a user, just a bit of email and some browsing mostly, does it really matter? I use MX Linux which uses sysV. Systemd is available, but not activated. I doubt that it matters to me, but I wonder what the future will bring.

Don't want to start any wars, but am i right in thinking that for me it is mostly irrelevant which one is set up?

Neil