Re: [LUG] Systemd

On Thu, 21 May 2020 at 13:27, Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been looking at reviews and comments about systemd on the
internet, and it seems to get some people rather hot under the collar.

For me as a user, just a bit of email and some browsing mostly, does it
really matter?

No.

If you enjoy using your chosen distro, just use whatever init system it has. Maybe one person in a hundred thousand has a legitimate reason to change from the default.

Probably >95% of what's written about systemd on the internet is emotional twaddle. (For and against)

(Stuff is a bit different under the hood, but much of it is backward compatible and linux, like all active software projects, is changing constantly. The only constant about IT is change, and adapting to change is probably the real necessity in the industry)