Re: [LUG] Firefox Browser

On 28/04/2020 09:24, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

Maybe 50 people complaining publicly about a specific feature (or lack thereof)? Even if we say they represent 10% of the people who find it's removal to be frustrating, that's still only 500 users out of 250 million (according to Firefox Telemetry). There is a good chance that Mozilla, at some point, tracked (using Firefox Telemetry) how many users were using the "put the tabs at the bottom" option and found it was a tiny %.

Why would you include extra code, that will need maintaining, just to appease 0.0002% of your userbase?

From what I have read of the discussions on here, you were not *instructed* to use Firefox at all. Advised that it is likely the easiest way to achieve what you want, yes, but *instructed*? Hardly.

Fair enough, advised. By people who know far more than I do about computing.

Anyway, I plan to use FF much more now. and I will have a more careful look at how to move the bar down.

Thanks for all the time you have spent to help me,

Neil