Re: [LUG] Firefox Browser

On 27/04/2020 22:49, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

Exactly. I don't have such a file, so just to start I would need to
create it. Not difficult, but it should not be necessary.

Neil

Why not? By the looks of it Mozilla have (a long time ago) decided
that they would simplify their code by removing options that were used
by a very small minority of people. The option is still there for you,
if you wish to take it, however it will now require a little more
effort on your part. Reading through the how-tos it would seem that
the overall method has remained unchanged for quite some time now,
with only minor tweaks required every few major versions or so.

Grant.

All that should not be necessary for the simple reason that the option was available for years as a simple change using about:config. It might have been used by only a few, although, having read lot of moans on line about the option being removed, I contest that, but all Mozilla had to do was leave it alone. There was no need to remove it.

I also use the Waterfox browser, based on FF, and the option is still there. Also it is available on the Palemoon browser.

So why don't I use one of those? I do, both, and the Vivaldi browser as well. But I have been told that I ought to use FF and stay clear of any others, so I am trying to do as instructed. Incidently, that is my only niggle with FF so far.

I  will look into how to get it working and let you know how I get on,

Neil