Re: [LUG] Best Video hosting platform

On Thursday, 9 April 2020 22:46:08 BST comrade meowski wrote:

> In my anime release group - and anywhere else doing this "properly" -
> the audio is a totally different job and is handled separately by
> someone else. That being said, re-encoding audio is super easy and
> computationally light compared to the horror of video. Our audio wizard
> mostly uses Audacity and a library of home-made scripts.

Agreed, no idea how Facebook were getting it so wrong, but they aren't the
only ones I've seen get it wrong. Only got interested as a friend was doing
some singing, and uploading the same video to YouTube and Facebook, and the
results weren't even vaguely comparable.

> Also, Flickr are still alive?!

To be honest they are quietly rolling along since being bought just fine,
hardly anything ever changes. They did a weird release with the Android App
where you had to install a new App with the same name (teach the users to get
phished why not).

Arguably probably not worth it now, but I have a lot of photos synced they
automatically, and I probably should find time to download them all and burn
them to something physical and send family photos to relatives for safe
keeping and burn the account.