Re: [LUG] Control Systems

On 05/04/2020 17:40, Simon Avery wrote:

    For me, as long as it works, I don't really care.

Then use what your distro uses by default. It's probably systemd.

Well, no. As mentioned in an earlier reply, MX Linux 19 installs systemd automatically at initial installation, but it is not enabled. So it uses sysVinit. So I suppose I could easily move over to systemd, since both are installed. That is why I started all this thread.

Choice is fine, but this is a war that was fought bitterly several years ago and systemd won. There's little to be gained other than perceived moral victories by fighting against such things.

I use it for a couple of hundred machines that I tend, and it's fine. Better in many ways.

I wasn't thinking of moving over to systemd. Just curious about the general opinion of it here on the LUG.#

Neil