Re: [LUG] zoom not fit for purpose

On 02/04/2020 12:18, Neil wrote:
> On 02/04/2020 12:00, Neil wrote:
>> On 02/04/2020 09:56, Eion MacDonald wrote:
>>
>>> Neil You do not need to INSTALL Jitsi. You share a common web
>>> page with the other party. Neither of you INSTALL anything.
>>>
>>> It works by two or more having access to a common web page,
>>> which becomes private if HOST sets password for that session.
>>> Copy of instructions I have given to some folk.
>>>
>> Thanks. (The above was followed by a lot of help and information
>> which I have not quoted.)
>>
>> I had a look at the web pages you quoted. Firstly it complained
>> about my browser. Apparently it wants me to use the chrome
>> browser. No way thanks. Can't stand it. And no mention of
>> Firefox.
>>
>> The second problem was that it failed to find my microphone. Yet
>> when I tested the mic  via PulseAudio it seems to be working just
>> fine.
>>
>> There was no mention of my video, so perhaps that is working.
>>
>> Anyway, thanks again. more research,
>>
>> Neil
>>
> As a quick follow up,
>
> looking at Jitsi on my laptop, it is not that it cannot find the
> mic, it is telling me 'permission not granted'. Likewise for the
> video. I can't find out what to do to get permission. I can't use
> it with no sound or video,
>
> Neil

In Firefox, if you go to

about:preferences#privacy

you should find a section called permissions you can then set
permissions for the video / microphone for example on a per site basis.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/
gnupg : 7D6D B682 F351 8D08 1893  1E16 F086 5537 D066 302D