Re: [LUG] zoom not fit for purpose

On 02/04/2020 09:56, Eion MacDonald wrote:

Neil
You do not need to INSTALL Jitsi.
You share a common web page with the other party.
Neither of you INSTALL anything.

It works by two or more having access to a common web page, which
becomes private if HOST sets password for that session.
Copy of instructions I have given to some folk.

Thanks. (The above was followed by a lot of help and information which I have not quoted.)

I had a look at the web pages you quoted. Firstly it complained about my browser. Apparently it wants me to use the chrome browser. No way thanks. Can't stand it. And no mention of Firefox.

The second problem was that it failed to find my microphone. Yet when I tested the mic via PulseAudio it seems to be working just fine.

There was no mention of my video, so perhaps that is working.

Anyway, thanks again. more research,

Neil