Re: [LUG] Use Jitsi for video conferencing was Re: Skype

On 01/04/20 22:38, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 01/04/20 22:34, Gordon Henderson wrote:
Late to the party, but had a reqirement earlier, so ...

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020, Simon Waters wrote:

Worked with Jitsi Meet before.

Jitsi is the basis of video chat for a bunch of free software products.

It is well tested, and widely used, if a bit complex in places under the
hood.
Meantime you can go to

https://meet.jit.si
Just worked.

Old laptop using firefox, Mac using Chrome (wouldn't work in Safari),
iPhone and Android phone. All just worked. The phone app's seemed easier
to use than the web interface.

Cheers,

Gordon

Well, that's just about as much of a 'ringing endorsement' from
programmer-come-baker Gordon, as you will get !!! ... :D

When are you likely to be moving .. we should have some kind of send-off
gathering .. it may/may not involve beer and/or bread !! (or both!)

MJE

And on a related matter, there has been much talk of baking hot-cross buns in my quarter .. did those lucky folk who visited the Buckfastleigh bake-room remember receiving approximate recipes from The Master himself? should I comb the Inbox of Olde .. ?!
Cheers,
Michael.