Re: [LUG] Use Jitsi for video conferencing was Re: Skype

On 01/04/20 22:34, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Late to the party, but had a reqirement earlier, so ...
>
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2020, Simon Waters wrote:
>
>> Worked with Jitsi Meet before.
>>
>> Jitsi is the basis of video chat for a bunch of free software products.
>>
>> It is well tested, and widely used, if a bit complex in places under the
>> hood.
>> Meantime you can go to
>>
>> https://meet.jit.si
>
> Just worked.
>
> Old laptop using firefox, Mac using Chrome (wouldn't work in Safari),
> iPhone and Android phone. All just worked. The phone app's seemed easier
> to use than the web interface.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gordon

Well, that's just about as much of a 'ringing endorsement' from
programmer-come-baker Gordon, as you will get !!! ... :D

When are you likely to be moving .. we should have some kind of send-off
gathering .. it may/may not involve beer and/or bread !! (or both!)

MJE