Re: [LUG] HP Laptop Failing to boot!

The suggestion to move the hard drive to another Laptop is an alternative solution in case you are not comfortable with replacing the BIOS chip.

Another thing to try first is resetting the BIOS. Remove the BIOS backup battery, hold down power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and try again.

Slightly off topic: I have had the pleasure of seeing Saturn through the telescope that I believe was donated by your father to The North Devon Astronomy Club :-)

Rgds Björn