Re: [LUG] HP Laptop Failing to boot!

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020, 18:36 Björn Grohmann, <zzbjorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The BIOS chip may be faulty. Some replacement ones are available online. They can be carefully removed using a hair dryer and tweezers and replaced using a soldering iron with a very fine tip. Alternatively move your hard drive into another Laptop. Just my 2 cents.

Rgds Björn

Thanks Björn.

Never removed nor re-soldered a bios chip before. I guess I have nothing to loose. eeek!

Out of interest, if my machine does not even appear to have a normally functioning bios, at least none I cannot access, would removing a hard disk really make much difference?  Don't get me wrong, Im very happy to try this.

Thanks very much.
Roly 😀