Re: [LUG] Wife's computer SSH?

>misunderstanding the role of SSH, I do not need it.

Probably none of us *need* it.  However, I used to use it, because it

Ahem. ssh accounts for about 90% of my working life...   Adminning multiple linux machines without ssh is going to be... tricky.

t's the way to operate a linux CLI remotely. There's nothing better (and I include mosh, vnc, rdp, whatever). Not only is it good for that, but also for running remote commands automatically, or copying files securely, transporting backups, or tunnelling ports between sites, or doing a million other things from one computer to another manually or automatically.

If you're only using a Linux computer by sitting in front of it and using the GUI, and not talking to other services except perhaps by a web browser or email client, then it is indeed of limited use - but it is definitely worth learning and experimenting with if you are interested in what linux is about.