Re: [LUG] Wife's computer SSH?

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 12:26:53 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>misunderstanding the role of SSH, I do not need it.

Probably none of us *need* it.  However, I used to use it, because it
made life simpler.  I used it to get access to, and update, the other
computers in the house.  Getting physical access was a bit of a pain,
when they were in (almost) constant use.  So, I simply used SSH to get
in and update, then leave.  Nowadays, my son isn't living here, and my
daughter bought a (Windows) laptop.  That leaves only one other computer
using Linux.  The wife rarely uses it, so I can get physical access
whenever I need to.  Most often, when she has finished using it, she
leaves that computer running for me to perform the updates.  Can take a
while, when it hasn't been on for a fortnight.

--
 Regards  _
Everything in life should be free, except the bits that belong to me