[LUG] Wife's computer

I have already mentioned that my wife's laptop is playing up. It is coming up to 7 years old and has a spinning HD.

I have my own laptop as a spare, which has an SSD and is working well. So I am considering setting her up as a second user on that computer while I decide what to do.

I have not set up a second user for a long time, and I mean more than 15 years, so I am a bit out of practice.

I would set her up with her own password, and obviously copy over any files as necessary, including profiles. I would also like her to have root available, mainly for updates.

Any help with this would be appreciated,

Neil