Re: [LUG] Wife's computer

On 09/02/2020 17:25, mr meowski wrote:
On 09/02/2020 12:00, Neil wrote:
On 08/02/2020 16:12, mr meowski wrote:

Well, lots of information and help there. My first reaction was to run
for the hills. However, that will not help so ....

Meanwhile, I will do some research into SSH, since I have no knowledge
about it at the moment. But, are you really saying that, because this
time it will be a second user on to the laptop, that I could have
problems, whereas, previously, on each machine with just the one user it
was all fine?

Thanks for the long reply and set of instructions. I will study them carefully.

First. You have not answered my question above.

Second

I had a good search around the internet yesterday looking for SSH information. I then suddenly remembered that I did have a play with it many years ago. I even had a play with a program called putty.

Back then I could see what it did, but I also decided that it was of no interest to me, and never bothered with it again. The only other computers of any interest to me are the laptops used by wife and daughter. I have already explained how I update them, so SSH is of no use to me I think,

You also mentioned systemd. I must check it out, but I have read somewhere that on MX it is installed but not activated. It can be activated if you wish. But I may have got that wrong.

Neil