Re: [LUG] Wife's computer

On 08/02/2020 16:12, mr meowski wrote:

It will partly work but you'll run into a whole bunch of problems you
weren't expecting, which is exactly what these instructions take care
of! Bear in mind this is exactly the sort of thing I'm paid to do all
day every day so I didn't pull this methodology out of my ass, this is
"The Linux Way" of doing things. You're obviously using Linux and are
going to spend far more time wondering why things aren't working
properly and trying and failing to fix them afterwards if you just
blindly start dumping random files manually back and forth on USB. Your
call my friend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have just checked with synaptic, and it seems that SSH is not even installed!!

Neil